Monday, 15 April 2013

Author Spotlight - Twenty questions with Carly Fall


Carly Fall is a wife, a mother and a slave to Nicky the dog.

She loves to laugh, and thinks chocolate and wine should be considered their own food group. She also wishes Christmas happened twice a year.

Three years ago, she decided to take a break from writing business material and dip her toe in the fiction pond, and has loved watching her imagination come to life on the page. She is the author of contemporary and fantasy romance.


Which do you find harder to write?

1. First person POV or Third? 

First person.

2. As a male or female?

Oddly enough, as a female. I do well with an alpha male voice, but finding the voice of a female that is his equal is a bit of a struggle for me. She either comes across as a wimp or less than feminine. Finding that line is a challenge for me.

3. Beginning, middle or end of the story?

Definitely middle. I do plot out my books, but sometimes the characters have their own ideas and we take detours.  Eventually we end up where I want to be!

4. Fight scenes or smex scenes?

Smex. The act itself is very base and doesn't change much, so finding new ways and words to describe it can be a little bit of a challenge

5. Synopsis or blurb?

Both. I would rather write sixty novels that deal with either.


As a writer, do you prefer:

6. Writing in the morning, afternoon or evening?

I'm a morning person, so I do like to write then, however, life sometimes has other ideas. So, I write whenever I can

7. Writing with music, or in peace?

I like to listen to ambient music where it blocks out what's going on in the house.

8. Planning, or Improvising?

I'm a planner

9. Juggling a few projects, or concentrating on one at a time?

I'm definitely a juggler.  I should be in the circus

10. Sticking to one genre, or exploring many?

Currently, I write fantasy romance and contemporary. My plate is pretty full with those two, but I won't rule out other genres in the future.


As a reader, do you prefer:

11. Story being told from female view or male?

It depends on the scene. I love when an alpha male is brought to his knees by a woman, and I love when a woman is loved hard by that male. I guess a little bit of both :)

12. Good guys or bad boys? 

Bad boys. The badder, the better!

13. Fesity females or fragile damsels?

Fragile damsels make my teeth grind. Feisty females all the way.

14. Stand alone stories or series?

I like both. Sometimes a good book is just what I want, but I also love getting lost in a great series.

15. Quick reads or long stories?

Again, it depends on my mood.  Sometimes a quick read is great, other times a good novel is what I like.

16. Romance as a side dish or the main course?

Main course, dessert and a late night snack as well!

17. Erotica or soft romance or something in-between?

Usually in between

18. More action or humor?

Probably humor. It depends on the book. I've seen some epic fails at humor.


Just for fun:

19. Vampires or Angels?

An angelic vampire?? I love them both.

20. Werewolves or Demons?

Give me a smelly dog any day!


***

Bottom Drawer Publications are proud to have published Carly's short story Time or Money as part of our Valentine's Day Collection.


***

We'd like to thank Elizabeth from the My World blog for originally hosting Carly's 20 Questions during the Valentine's Day Collection blog tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment